10-Minute Charcoal Grilled Pizza Recipe
It may surprise you, but you can actually make a pizza on BBQ.
The best part is that it’s quite easy, really, and requires only a few ingredients. Especially if you’re going to use a ready-made pizza base. There are hundreds of recipes for grilled pizza, and here is one of our favourite grilled pizza recipes. Be warned — these pizzas are seriously addictive, and you might end up eating a bit too much of them!
You can cook just about any food on a charcoal grill.
Charcoal Grilled Pizza Recipe
Make your own charcoal grilled pizza in 10 minutes.
Ingredients (4 pizzas):
- 4 Large “Santa Maria” pizza tortillas or large “Santa Maria” ordinary tortillas
- 125 g pack of mozzarella cheese
- 150 — 200 g semi-hard cheese (such as Gouda or Edam)
- 10 tablespoons tomato paste
- Salami/pepperoni (spicy is the best) — 4 large slices for 1 pizza (or 10-12 small ones)
- A few jalapeños from a jar to taste
- Pitted black olives
- A bit of olive oil
- Dried oregano
- A few teaspoons of basil pesto (optional)
You don’t need a grill pizza oven for that.
First, prepare your toppings.
Slice mozzarella and pepperoni/salami, grate Gouda or Edam cheese, and slice the jalapeños.
Then put the pizza base on the pan or directly on the grill grates (they must be greased) and cook it on both sides. Take it off, put it on a plate and cover with a little bit of olive oil. Then cover it with tomato puree.
Now arrange your toppings evenly.
First the salami, then the mozzarella slices, jalapeños and olives. End with the Gouda or Edam. Sprinkle the oregano. Drizzle some pesto (optional) over the pizzas.
Finish cooking on the grill or pan, until the cheese has melted.
Your grilled pizza is ready!